Bird Spikes, Bird Netting, Bird Jolt Flat Track, Shock Track, Bird Slope, Bird Wire
If you would like advice on choosing the correct product for your pest bird problem, please call us at City Wildlife Control 905-963-0069 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Pigeons are generally gray with slightly iridescent feathers on the neck that shine pink and green in the sunlight. Coloration is variable with many mixtures. Pigeons average 3-5 years in the wild. Pigeons are found in many habitats including desert, forest and grassland areas. Pigeons are also commonly found in urban and suburban settings. Wild rock doves feed on seeds but the diet of the pigeons has grown to include bread, vegetables, meat and other food discarded by humans.
How to Deter Pigeons
There are many humane options for deterring pigeons from landing or nesting. It is important to do a good clean-up of any bird droppings or nesting materials before any product is installed.
- Install bird deterrents such as Bird Spikes or Bird Netting to block pigeons from getting back to the area they have chosen to roost, perch or nest. If you make affected areas inaccessible, the birds will be forced to move on to a new location.
- Physical bird deterrents like Bird Spikes are effective on ledges, beams, signs, window sills, roof lines, eaves, and other areas pigeons have decided to land.
- Electric track systems like such as the Bird Jolt Flat Track and Shock Track are ideal for treating ledges and rooflines or anywhere aesthetics are a concern. Remove any food source
- If there is an open food source such as seeds from a songbird feeder, open trash bins or discarded food, covering or removing these food sources will send the birds looking elsewhere for their next meal.
- Birds have a heightened sense of their environment. If you appeal to their senses such as sight and sound, you can effectively scare birds away from your property using products like the Bird Chase Sonic or Reflective Bird Diverters.
Humane Removal / Professional Installer
- If you don’t have the time, resources or expertise to solve your bird problem yourself please let us help.
- Our professionals will install bird control products and offer other services such as clean-up and humane trap and removal.